Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Underground lava caves


We spent our easter holiday in St. George.  As I quickly approach 40, I find myself becoming more adventurous and curious.  My goals for this year include exploring nature, get off the park bench or out of the car and use my legs to take me places I've never been. We went to the lava flow outlook in snow canyon. Word on the street was that this lava flow area was hiding large underground caves and tunnels. Armed with a flashlight and crappy shoes we ventured out. The opening in the second photo descends about 20 feet down and then opens up into a giant cave inside the belly of the earth. Without a flashlight, it is total darkness. The picture of me illustrates how dark it really is. (this would be an excellent backdrop for a photographer) The third picture almost looks like a holy sight. The sunlight from above illuminated this lava rock. Im so glad I had my camera. This was a most excellent adventure. One of many on our trip. 

1 comment:

The Richardsons said...

I'm so jealous! I wish we'd had the money to go down too, but we had a nice easter nonetheless. And Tre, I must say again that I love, love, love the brunette in you! Fabulous Dahling!