
I've never been much of a dog lover. As a kid growing up in a small farming town, a dog was an out door creature. When the dog became annoying or what ever... it went for a "drive". I know! It's sad, but I learned not to bond. It was wilbur without charlotte to save the day. It was a random day, the kids had been begging for a dog. I said NO NEVER AGAIN!! They poop and barf in the house, they are just plain gross. Farting, peeing, not my style...I was looking out the kitchen window and saw the tallest man with a leash in his hand walking the smallest little dog. I laughed out loud. The most mismatched dog owner and dog I had ever seen. I ran out of the house to ask about this curious sight. The man introduced me to his little yorkie friend and told me how great they are. Poop is small, pee too. Barfing...not so much...small. Hair not fur, they don't get ugly when they grow up. Small....3 weeks later, I loaded the kids in the car and found myself driving far away about an hour or so to find an address in the paper that said "Female Yorkie" Small......And that's when "The other sister" joined our crew. When some one ask's the kids how many are in your family, they always include Lola as their sister. She really is almost human. She talks in her funny dogish way, she is full grown and Small.....Cute and a true joy.
4 comments:
Lola is definately Aliyah's favorite dog, and Aliyah is probably Lola's least favorite human (due to extensive amounts of torture) :)
I am like you, I don't know how to bond with animals. After Lee ran over my 10th kitten I think i was tramitized for life and will never be a TRUE lover of pets. Maybe one day I will find my Loloa. Ok so anyhoo on the 30th of this month (it's a Monday), a few frinds a family members are thowing me a baby shower. It's a week day so it will be hard for people to come but I just wanted you to know that you are invited. I haven't seen you in forever, it sounds like things are going well. Keep up the posts, they are too few and far between:)
We had a yorkie and the kids loved it. We gave it to a friend because yorkies have a hard time being house trained. We just got another dog and this time it is staying with Brent for 9 months so he can train it for us. Brent is our modern day grandpa reeder.
My brother has two Yorkies. They are adorable. I hope you have fun with her.
Post a Comment