Wednesday, November 12, 2008

"SOME TOWER!"


In June, John, Degsie, (from England) and myself, went to the US Open Golf tournament at Torrey Pines. It was a fantastic time. I am addicted to the major sporting events. There is a buzz and energy that makes you feel free and alive. It was at this event, when the discussion started. A pipe dream really.... It had been announced that the SanDiego Chargers would play a regular season NFL game against the Louisiana Saints, in London, at the new Wembley stadium. Problem....no tickets for sale. Degsie entered a lottery to buy tickets, it would be the very day he arrived back home in England. His first assignment, log on to the computer and pray that he was selected for the lottery. Back home, John and I were 1 hour from crossing the border with the kids for our Mexico vacation. I received a voice mail from a very enthusiastic Degsie stating that he was selected for the lottery and purchased 4 lower bowl seats with instructions to book our airfare pronto!! And so we did...and then we went! I knew that we would be just a few precious hours away from Paris. I begged for a day trip but the guys thought I was out of my mind. I told Degsie that Paris was "My Wembley" he couldn't refuse. He found a smashing deal on the Chunnel. We would land in London, sleep for a few hours, wake early, and take the 2 1/2 hour train to Paris with an evening return.

Back home in Draper, my friend Lisa was driving Sydnie and the girls to ballet. She asked Syd if she had talked to me. Syd said "yeah" Lisa said where is she? Syd said "OH she's at some Tower!" Lisa was giddy with laughter, and so was I. "Some Tower it was!" It did not disappoint!
These are just to wet the appetite. I took hundreds of pictures. A dream come true, and confirmation that Paris needs another visit, next time a week!!





We climbed the stairs to the base level. 390 to be
exact. Next time I will climb to the top!

3 comments:

Sheri said...

Sounds like a great time. What a beautiful tower! :)

Tibbitts Paperbag said...

What a beautiful day! You have become quit the world traveler. I can imagine it gives you a unique perspective on life.

bizzymomma said...

Someday maybe I will get to go somewhere besides Utah or Idaho for vacation:)