Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Sweet Freedom





My oldest baby is off to college, that freshman year stirs up the same anxiety as the first day of elementary school. My youngest baby is starting first grade. Me??? Well you see I'm conflicted. I'm overjoyed realizing that this will be the first time in 18 years that all of my children will be in school all day!! I'm sad that they are growing up, I'm excited for the freedom that growing up offers. It will be a stunner trying to wake up my nocturnal 6 year old. I don't think this child has been roused at 7am in her entire life. "CRAP"


"Back to school shopping" was far from typical. Ashlee is moving into an apartment at UVU. So it was bedding, decorations, kitchen crapola, Bathroom stuff, laptop,tuition,...........It's not the babies that cost alot of money, the BIGGER they get, the SMALLER your savings!! At the end of the day, I am full of gratitude to be supporting these strong children as they grow, and learn and choose to be a contribution to the world. I am grateful that we are helping to "fund" their success. Ashlee, you go out there fearless, know that you are always supported, and you can do and become whatever your heart desires. What a gift......Sweet Freedom.

No comments: